Monday, September 19, 2005

Div3: The Quest for a Case Study to Explore a Larger Question

Alright people. Let's be frank for a minute.

I have two weeks to get my act together and get a div3, and I have no bloody idea in what. I mean, I've got my question, I guess, which is to look at the ethical obligations of nations (or humanity?) towards noncitizens or transmigrants, maybe? Or the ethical obligations of nations to peoples not of their nation? Essentially, the ultimate question is 'What is the responsibility of people towards other people?'

But I need a case study. I need something, some legal case or precedent, that I can examine to get a better understanding of this subject. Because I can't ask those questions, they're all too big.

But I want to use European Union Law as a part of this, because I want to argue that since the EU has applied it (which means I need to get into Justice and Home Affairs) to 25 nations that it can be applied on an international level, and thus should apply all over the world.

I mean, it's idealistic, but then, I'm an idealist.

What this all means is that, in all likelihood, I'm probably screwed.

I don't know. Need to email a few people, and then I'm off to bed.

1 Comments:

Blogger FlexFantastic said...

Hmm... if you didn't need the EU component I would suggest something like looking at a facect of U.S.-Mexico immigration. Perhaps something like how an EU country like France treats "controversial" minorities like Muslims? Or something in the area of how Western Europe is dealing with Eastern European countries entering the EU. Obviously, a broad topic but maybe if you focused on a country like Turkey (which seems to be the ultimate test of what the EU is and will be in the future), then you have something. Does any of this help or make sense? Doubtful. But good luck.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home